Monday, May 14, 2012

A little progress to report. I was able to sell the 1978 Camaro front clip and all of the associated steering and suspension parts. I no longer need them because I found a 1991 Chevy conversion van and I am going to use as many parts as possible from it. It has a fuel injected 350, automatic transmission with overdrive, air, power steering and brakes, front coil over suspension with disk brakes, tilt steering column, drive shaft and rear end. At the end of parts taking, I'll still be able to part out some of the valuable pieces for $300-400 and the scrap value will also be around $200 so this will be a very reasonable way to upgrade the truck's running gear.

In preparation for the swap, I have started to remove the engine. So far I have removed the generator, the fan, the radiator and the front two motor mounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment